"Voting for second phase of 17th Lok Sabha elections started across India Today" | Top stories of the day
Published : Apr 18, 2019 05:24 pm | By: National Mindset News
\"Voting for second phase of 17th Lok Sabha elections started across India Today\" | Top stories of the day
Voting for second phase of 17th Lok Sabha elections kicked off across India. People of India will exercise their right to vote across India in 11 states. Voting will be cast for 95 Parliamentary seats. Security arrangements have been tightened at the polling stations.
- Voting for second phase of 17th Lok Sabha elections kicked off across India. People of India will exercise their right to vote across India in 11 states. Voting will be cast for 95 Parliamentary seats. Security arrangements have been tightened at the polling stations.
- Puducherry Chief Minister V Narayanasamy cast his vote at a polling station as polling is underway for one seat in union territory. Manipur CM N Biren Singh cast his vote in Manipur’s Imphal. Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy, his wife and son, JD(S) candidate from Mandya, Nikhil also cast their votes at a polling station in Bengaluru’s Ramanagara. Voting is underway for 14 Parliamentary constituencies in Karnataka.
- Actor turned politician Rajinikanth cast his vote in Chennai. He cast his vote at Stella Maris College for Chennai Central parliamentary constituency.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi while addressing a public rally in Maharashtra’s Solapur said, “Several times Congress party and its workers have used derogatory terms for my character, community and caste. But, this time they have crossed one more level as they are calling the entire backward society as robber.” He also siaid “This country will not tolerate the insult of backward society made by Congress,”
- Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot claimed that the top BJP leadership made Ram Nath Kovind, President of India to win the 2018 Gujarat Assembly elections and dropped senior leader L.K. Advani who, Gehlot said, was in line for the top constitutional post.
- BJP president Amit Shah slammed Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik over center’s Ayushman Bharat scheme. He alleged that CM Patnaik have not implemented Ayushman Bharat scheme due to fear of Prime Minister Narendra Modi. He said “there are many issues for playing politics, but why do you deprive the poor from their health facility,”
- BJP president Amit Shah slammed Congress party in a public rally in Odisha’s Cuttack. Referring to Samjhauta Express blast, he said that Congress in its regime termed Hindu terror a ‘Saffron terror’ and put saints in jails. Shah added that BJP fields Sadhvi Pragya Singh against Congress leader and creator of word ‘saffron terrorism’- Digvijaya Singh.
- Former Madhya Pradesh chief minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan held a press conference in Bhopal. During the press conference, CM Chouhan announced that Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur will be the candidate from BJP’s side. He said ” Pragya Thakur is born to work and to defend the nation, and to serve the people.”
- BJP Madhya Pradesh candidate Sadhvi Pragya Singh conducted a press conference with former chief minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan. Pragya Thakur said that she doesn’t have more experience in politics but her biggest strength is 15 years of Shivraj Chouhan’s work in the state. She also slammed Congress by saying that what the ruling party is showing is just an illusion.
- Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman said on Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan’s statement that 'India-Pak have better chance of settling Kashmir issue only if Modi's BJP wins' said, “Such statements come around elections in India and also there have been eminent Congress leaders who've gone there to seek help 'Modi. I wonder if this is also part of scheme of things which have been put forth by the Congress' side.”
- Yoga Guru Baba Ramdev alleged that foreign countries are trying to stop Prime Minister Narendra Modi to come back in power again. He alleged that foreign are funding an anti-Modi campaign trying to drive him out of power.
- Naxal ultras exploded an IED targeting a polling vehicle in Odisha’s Phulbani . They later opened fire at the vehicle. A polling officer was shot dead in the incident. The firing happened near Barla village under Gochhapada police limit in Kandhamal district.