TODAY'S TOP NEWS
Published : Jun 18, 2019 04:32 pm | By: National Mindset News
Former Union Minister and seven-time MP Virendra Kumar took oath as the protem speaker of the Lok Sabha . President Ram Nath Kovind administered the oath at Rashtrapati Bhavan. Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Vice President Venkaiah Naidu were also present during the ceremony. The first session of 17th Lok Sabha commenced. On the first two days, the new MPs will take the oath, and election for the post of Speaker is scheduled to be held on June 19.
- First time Members of Parliament, Tejasvi Surya from Bangalore South, actor Sunny Deol from Gurdaspur and Ravi Kishan from Gorakhpur, all from BJP, arrived for the first day of the Parliament session after the new government was formed later last month.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi took oath as the Member of Lok Sabha in the Parliament. He was the first person to take oath in the new Lok Sabha. The inaugural session of the 17th Lok Sabha started today with the swearing in of its members. Along with the PM, Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister Amit Shah and Congress President Rahul Gandhi also took the oath.
- Veteran BJP leader JP Nadda elected as the BJP Working President. The senior leaders of BJP including Prime Minister Narendra Modi presented bouquets to JP Nadda at the BJP Parliamentary Board meeting in the national capital. The meeting was being held at the BJP headquarters.
- Union Minister for Health & Family Welfare Dr Harsh Vardhan spoke on children deaths due to Acute Encephalitis Syndrome in Bihar’s Muzaffarpur. He said that he had personally taken the cognizance of the situation. The Health Minister added that he is strengthening research component in this department.
- When asked whether Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar would visit Sri Krishna Medical College and Hospital in Bihar’s Muzaffarpur where over 100 children have died due to the Acute Encephalitis Syndrome, Industry Department Minister in state government Shyam Rajak said Kumar was monitoring everything, and asked whether monitoring was important or CM’s visit to the hospital.
- West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee's today held meeting with representatives of doctors in WB’s Nabanna. She accepted the proposal of doctors to set up Grievance Redressal Cell in Government Hospitals. Doctors will announce their decision later after CM Mamata’s acceptance.
- The junior doctors of Nil Ratan Sircar Medical College and Hospital in West Bengal’s Kolkata announced that they are calling off the strike. While addressing a press conference in West Bengal’s Kolkata today, one of the junior doctors of NRS Medical College & Hospital said, “We extend our heartfelt gratitude to the West Bengal Chief Minister. After an enormous movement, the meeting and discussions with our CM met a logical end.
- While addressing a press conference on incident which took placein Mukherjee Nagar area of the national capital, DCP of New Delhi, Madhur Verma said, “Police has registered a cross FIR, both cases have been handed over to the Crime Branch. The conduct subsequent to the assault should have been more professional, only because of that, three police personnel have been suspended.”
- Sixty-seven children who were earlier into beggary have been admitted to government schools under 'Operation Mukti,' a campaign of the state police. With the motto of 'Bhiksha Nahi, Shiksha,' the campaign attempts to motivate children and their families to choose education over begging.